Thursday 21 February 2013

Cabbage and Capsicum stir fry.

Serves 4
I've never used Cabbage in any dish other than fried rice.Had a few capsicums lying around so thought i'd fry both of them together and they did taste better than I expected !


Ingredients :
Cabbage chopped - 1.5 cups
Capsicum - 1 medium
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Whole red chili - 1
Coriander leaves - to garnish
oil - 2 tsp
salt - as needed

Method :
-Add oil to the pan and splutter the whole red chili,cumin,fennel and mustard seeds.
-Add the chopped cabbage and mix well.Add a tsp of salt and saute for 3-4 mins.
-Sprinkle little water and cover and cook on low flame for 4-5 minute.
-Now remove the lid and add the chopped capsicum.Add a little salt.
-Fry on high heat for 3-4 mins.
-Finally add the Garam masala powder and the coriander leaves and remove from the stove.

1 comment:

  1. I really like eating stir fry but I haven't try to cook and eat this recipe. I think this is very tasty and delicious. I will now go to the market and buy some fresh cabbage, so that I can cook this interesting recipe. Thank you for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...