Thursday 17 October 2013

Mid-life 'crisis' :) - Colour Me Orange

'Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stray on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs,
These are a few of my favorite things`

This song from the legendary movie 'Sound of Music' is stuck in my head.My brain's been playing this in repeat mode for the past few weeks.This used to be my favorite song as a kid and now my daughter loves it  as well.
Well music never ages !

The song has tempted me to write out a few of my favorite things too :)
 'Bright yellow capsicums and red orange chillies,
Smell of old books and the fur of little kitties,
Scenic oil paintings drying in spring,
These are a few of my favorite things'

I had  a bunch of chillies lying in my fridge for some time,they had turned into this beautiful orange shade.
I call this middle age as they are neither young & green nor ripe red & old :)


If your'e wondering what the crisis is all about ,Well it's not the chillis who have a crisis,but it's me who doesn't know what to do with these chillies !


Here's one middle aged Chilli "reflecting" :P



One of these clicks go to the event 'Colour Me Orange' happening at Priya's space 'The Humpty Dumpty Kitchen'

Thanks for stopping by ! Have a great day !

13 comments:

  1. Wow Reni ,those orange chilies look fiery hot and those pics are awesome.Love those reflections and ur favorite things except kitty fur :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots Reni and oh yes, I get immersed in songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely clicks and I like your song too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful clicks..love the chilli reflection click..what is the native for those chillies ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully capture the colors of chilies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What lovely pictures Reni.. Definitely a joy to behold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written and clicked ! Well done Reni ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so funny girl. And that Sound of Music track. Now that you have reminded me of it, I can't get it out of my head. And worse still, I'm trying to make lines out of everyday things to the tune. I'll be holding you responsible for any ensuing madness ;) ;) :D

    Love those chilli shots :) And those middle age hues - very cheerful indeed :) And by the way, all of those fav things are my fav things too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful click Renni, Love that sound of Music track, you are an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...