Wednesday 4 December 2013

Banana Mug Cake - Sugarless dessert

Off late I've got this obsession for mug cakes ! I like them mainly because you don't have to get your beater out,all you  need to do is to mix and play around with the ingredients .The mug cakes also look real cute.But I never tried them out as they were mostly baked in the microwave oven.I'm one of those people who is strongly against using microwave ovens,I know that there are many people who cannot do without it and who would give me a long list of its benefits.But I'm not yet convinced :) If you're using a microwave this cake can be done in a minute or two.But with the good old convection oven it takes around 20 - 30 minutes.This cake has no flour or sugar and is almost of a mousse consistency.So off to the cute mug cake....


You'll Need:
Banana - 1 big
Peanut Butter - 1 tsp
Nutella - 1 tbsp
Almond Powder - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Egg - 1 medium
Baking soda - 1/8 tsp
Vanilla essence - a few drops
All purpose Flour or Whole wheat flour - 1 tbsp(optional) - I haven't added it,but for a more cake like texture you can add the flour.

Method:
-Peel,chop and mash the bananas with a fork in the mug.
-Add all the other ingredients to the mug and mix well.



-Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Done !



Thanks for stopping by ! Have a great day !

15 comments:

  1. Easy to make and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really amazing... though it would take all the time to make it, i would prefer to microwave it hehe... anything to replace for the almond flour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks awesome and very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its my kind of recipe, simple and nothing much to do. I think you know that I don't bake that often because its not what I am good at unless I keep practicing. The explosion of flavors are fantastic. I don't see a need of adding sugar because honey and nutella brings it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicious! I can bake a cake without oven! but dont know how to bake mug cakes :( ive so much been longing to try this :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very delicious banana mug cake, love that it has no added sugar. mouthwatering dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reni, every post u put draws me closer to you :) I do use a microwave oven to heat up something but I am never convinced on cooking completely in it.Never made a mug cake for the same reason :))
    This mug cake you have made looks yumm..so the mug can withstand oven heat hmm... I should think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...gorgeous mug cakes....the peanut butter in will make it totally irresistible,thanks for sharing this glorious baked treat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow its very and yummy...should give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cake is indeed very cute... i loved the fact that you have made it healthy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's my first time on your blog :) ...
    I've actually made a mug cake in the past and I was very pleased with it.It was a very simple one with an egg,flour etc.... This one I think is on a whole another level :)!Definitely something I'd like to try to make :)...
    Many greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious cake..looks very soft.
    First time here.. happy to follow you...visit my blog in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow delicious cake .Ur clicks are awesome reni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...